Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nothing to blog about

For lack of nothing else to blog about, I will give a brief update on the happenings around our house. We had Parent Teacher Conferences last night and they were amazing. I try not to brag too much about my kids, but these reports definitely deserve a mention in this post. I am so proud of my kids! Hannah is doing wonderful in her academics and her teacher could not stop telling us how wonderful Hannah is to have in class. She's sweet, helpful, and has really taken a new Chinese student under her wings. His name is Li Heung and he speaks virtually no English. Hannah's teacher said she helps him with his words and is so kind to him. Porter is sailing through first grade and could probably be skipped to second grade if he were a little more mature. He's at the top of his class in all areas and is doing great. His teacher did mention a couple areas of improvement for him, which are keeping his desk area cleaner and maybe not talking to much. I can handle those kinds of improvements.

In other news, I finished a 10k race last Saturday and am absolutely addicted to this running thing. I don't know why I haven't done it before. It is such a rush to finish a race and to look back on how far you really ran. Allen's busy at work, Tate's cute as ever, and we're still looking for a home! That pretty much sums it up for us!

3 comments:

Kady said...

Wow! Way to go to you and the kids. Good luck on the home hunting!

Dreamer said...

Good job on the race! I love it too, totally addicted. I signed up to do the Wasatch Back again this year, yipee.
Where do you find your cute back grouds? And how do you change them without losing all the stuff in the side bar? I tried once and it took 4 hours and I was too afraid to lose everything so I just put it back the way it was. I was so frustrated! You should come over for lunch and do a lesson for me.

The Ormsby's said...

Like the photo at the top. You did the exact same post I was planning on . . "not much to blog about". Feeling kinda borring. Maybe I should go run a race so I'll have something to talk about. Happy running!!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!