Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Junk food binge


Relatively speaking, we are not huge Super Bowl people. We knew who was playing in the game, but that was about it. Neither Allen nor I really cared who won the game, and we didn't have huge plans to party with anybody. However, we did like the thought of pigging out and having some really great junk food to munch on. We generally don't keep a lot of junk food in the house and we never just give the kids a free ticket to eat what they want, so we thought this idea of a junk food extravaganza might be kind of fun and different. We began during the halftime show which the kids really liked. We spread a blanket out on the floor in front of the TV and proceeded to eat our little hearts out. We had nachos with chili cheese dip, cookies, popcorn, and soda pop (which we never have!) This was all after a hearty Sunday dinner of steak and potatoes. Allen was so full that his stomach hurt, and I'm not sure why my stomach didn't hurt. I sure ate enough for it to hurt. The kids thought it was great fun and want to know when we're doing it again. I don't think our insides can handle it again anytime soon. Thank goodness the Super Bowl only rolls around once a year.

5 comments:

Ward-a-Loo's said...

We did the same thing. This was the first time our kids ever watched a football game. There favorite part was the "Monster" 3D commercial and the food.

Carly said...

Shannon, I would love to have you run with us. And no worries. Even if we were going slower so that we all stayed together (which I doubt), it would be a welcome break, I'm sure. Especially after my knees feel like Tonya Harding came after them last night. Welcome to the team!

Melony said...

That about sums it up for us as well! Although Shad did watch and cheer for the game and we did have family over. The junk food is the best part!

Dreamer said...

Ya, I ate way too much that day too! I woke up in the middle of the night with a tummy ache. I like the super bowl strictly for the commercials. Boy, they were some good ones this time!

linnellbelle said...

We broke with tradition and actually watched some of the game too. Unfortunately the only commercial I saw was a "naughty" one by GO DADDY. ewww... But enough about that.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!