Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hannah gets her ears pierced

Hannah before she gets her ears pierced.
Hannah after she got her ears pierced. This picture doesn't show them very well.

I'll admit that I love to wear earrings. I wear them everywhere. I really like the big ones. I think if I don't wear them, I kind of look like a boy. For this reason, I didn't seem to care much when Hannah told me she wanted her ears pierced. I always thought I'd make her wait until she was 16 or some other outrageous age before she could do it. I think that a lot of girls in her school class have their ears pierced, therefore, she needed hers to be pierced. Surprisingly, Allen was okay with it as well. We told her everything she needed to know about the process. We told her that it would hurt, that she'd have to clean them everyday, and that she'd have to wear the same pair for six weeks. We even showed her videos on YouTube of kids having their ears pierced. She was okay with it all and still wanted to do it. So last night was the big night. She took her teddy bear with her to hold and as it turns out, she didn't even need it. She hardly even flinched. They even did her ears separately, rather than together. But, the biggest surprise of the night came when she chose blue earrings rather than pink. Who would have thought? Good job Hannah! You are one tough girl!















5 comments:

The Gurrrrr's said...

How exciting! I would've done Millie's when she was weeks old(mean, I know), but Dax said she has to be 12. I said if the Lord thinks she can be accountable at 8, then 8 it is. We'll see in about 7 years how it all pans out! :)

The Ormsby's said...

Beautiful Hannah! Blue huh? I would have never guessed. You're lucky, my Mom didn't let me choose. I had to wear plain ugly gold ones. I think blue is nice. It makes me excited for Marlee to get hers done. She's not interested yet. . .

joyce said...

Glad it went so well for her. I got my ears pierced when I was 9 too. And I had blue studs just like Hannah! Unfortunately, my experience was not a good one... too many infections... chubby earlobes... evil lady with long fingernails... I think I'll stop now.

Kady said...

We've had this conversation in our house already and Tess isn't even 2! I like that you waited until she really wanted it and understood the process. I think we'll follow your example.

Jennie said...

It doesn't seem fair for one girl to be so cute! She is gorgeous, and now she gets to wear jewelry, too!

**I didn't know you liked big earrings! I think I have some REALLY big ones from back in the early 90's.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!