Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jazz Game

* 4 tickets to the Jazz game - Free
* Parking - $4.00
* Nachos - $4.75
* Watching your kids get their faces on the jumbotron - Priceless

Allen hooked up with some Jazz tickets from work the other night, so we took the two older kids to their first game. I don't know why we haven't gone before, because that was one of the funnest nights we've had in a long time. They were decked out in their jerseys and way excited to see the players. We picked an awesome night to go because they were playing the San Antonio Spurs, which have a lot of great players to see. It was also the Jazz Bear's birthday. To celebrate his birthday, mascots from around the league were at the game. They entertained us the entire time. They were so fun to watch! During the game, Porter began to get a little bored, so he began to watch the jumbotron. During time-outs, the camera would scan the audience and then show a close-up of people that were dancing and acting crazy. He really wanted to get his face on the jumbotron, but the odds of that happening were about 1 in 20,000 or so. I told him he needed to start dancing and then maybe the camera would show him, and man did he ever dance. He danced the robot, the stayin'alive, the wave and many other dances that I'm not quite sure what they were. He got the crowd going around him, and sure enough, there he was on the jumbotron. Once he saw his face on the screen, he went nuts! He was dancing and screaming and waving his arms. Thanks to his dancing, Hannah and I also got an appearance on the jumbotron. I would give anything to capture that moment on camera, but Allen wasn't quite quick enough with the camera, so I'll have to rely on my memory for this one. Even though the Jazz couldn't quite pull out the victory in the end, it didn't really matter. Nothing could damper our spirits after that fun night!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I've always wanted to have my face on a jumbotron! Lucky!
Then again, your kids are so cute, they're shoe-ins.

(Is Hannah really NINE?)

Carly said...

Believe it or not, I STILL have never been to a Jazz game. I need to remedy that one soon!

Dreamer said...

Oh, that just kills me! I can just see his waky dancing now, what a great kid.

Greg said...

The only time I've been on a jumbotron was at SeaWorld about a year after getting married. Ironically, my wife was in the middle of saying "I hope they don't show me because it makes you look like a fat chunk!" when the camera zoomed in on us. To this day, all I have to say is 'fat chunk' to elicit a glare..

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!