Friday, January 2, 2009

I Love Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas is really over. My tree is still up, Christmas candy still covers the counters, and I haven't put away all of the presents yet. I guess I must be in denial. This is my favorite time of the year and I hate it when it's over. We had such a great Christmas this year. They're always great, but as the years go by, the just seem to get better and more magical. We spent time together as a family, and also spent time with extended family as well. We missed Allen's parents so much this year, but are still so grateful for their example to us as they serve the Lord in Oakland. We're grateful to be near my parents and for the support they often lend to us. We hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Porter and Hannah testing out the Wii from Santa, Christmas morning.
Hannah tested out her new sled on the day after Christmas in the fresh snow we received Christmas day.
Tate got a train set and some Legos from Santa. He played with them for about a minute before he lost interest and wanted to bother Porter and take all of his new things.
Hannah got a Hannah Montana doll and some clothes from Santa. Porter got Anakin Skywalker's starship and some Star Wars figures from Santa. Oh, and we wouldn't want to forget the ever-popular Wii we received. We know we're about a year behind on this wonderful gadget, but it's better late than never.
Tate also received a new bedspread and loves laying on his bed now.
Tate participated in the annual Christmas program as a jingle bell ringer at my parent's home on Christmas night. He wasn't much of a jingler, but he did love being in front of a crowd. The kids decked out in their new Christmas clothes for church on Sunday.

The famous tradition of jammies on Christmas Eve. I did this as a kid. I guess some things never change.
Allen set up our camera with the timer because I don't have any pictures of just the two of us. I'm impressed that it actually worked and that I like the picture.

2 comments:

The Ormsby's said...

Merry Christmas!! Love the photos. You have the cutest kids. I can't believe how grown up Hannah looks in her new church dress.

The Gurrrrr's said...

Way cute pic of you and Allen. So fun! My tree's still up, too. I've decided I'll take it down Monday, but since I was so busy during the actual holiday, I'm going to turn the lights on and totally enjoy it tomorrow, one last time! :)

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!