Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Environmental Center Fun

I was able to spend the day yesterday with Hannah's class at the Environmental Center. For those of you that grew up in Weber County, you'd understand the sheer joy I experienced when I heard Hannah's class was going on a field trip there. That place holds so many great memories for me, I just had to go back. It was an absolute blast! The place hasn't changed at all (except the snowshoes were quite a bit nicer than I remember and they've added a climbing wall inside). Other than that, it's the same place where countless hours of fun were had in elementary school.
My friends Jen and Kim (not pictured) braved the cold and snow with me on the field trip.
Hannah was quite the snowshoer. She had no problems navigating the hills and crossing the stream. She kept herself in the front of the pack most of the time. I forgot what good exercise snowshoeing is. My legs are really feeling it today.
Hannah is my little snow-bunny. She loves being in the snow and will stay out as long as anyone will let her. The snow at the Center was as tall as she was.
Hannah and her pals making the trek back to the bus after a fun-filled and exhausting day at the Environmental Center.

5 comments:

Greg said...

Wow, I didn't even know that place still existed. I guess some things really never do change...

joyce said...

You survived!! See? You had nothing to worry about, right? That picture of you and Jen is so cute! What a fun field trip for a parent to tag along to. Why is it that I have NEVER been there? I grew up in Weber County and all my siblings have been there. I'm pretty sure I got jipped (gipped?)

Jennie said...

Again, I am really jealous. I would have loved to spend the day snowshoeing at the E. Center. Such great memories!

The Ormsby's said...

Wow! That looks like fun. What a terribly cold snowy day to go though. I think I'll trek over there after the spring thaw.

Kimberly said...

It was alot of fun, wasn't it. We did find some token snowshoes from our childhood there, but they were on the wall as a display. The best part of the snowshoeing was that no one complained about it being hard... the kids had so much fun it was a great day.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!