Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School!






I can't believe it's that time of year again. I say this every year, but the summer goes by way too fast. Although I'm glad for school to start to provide some structure, I will definitely miss the kids. We had such a great summer together and did so many fun things. Tate will also miss them, as he will be alone with me all day. It will be fun to spend some time alone with him though. Hannah and Porter were both excited for the first day, mainly because they finally got to wear their new shoes they'd been dying to wear since we got them a few weeks ago. Porter has a really great 1st grade teacher and lots of friends in his class. He even allowed me into his room to take a quick picture. I guess once you hit 3rd grade, you don't want your mother following you in on the first day to take your picture, so I sadly gave up the classroom picture with Hannah this year. Hannah's teacher is new to the school and she didn't have any friends in her class, but she came home yesterday proud that she had made two, maybe three new friends and was going to make more today. We know that she will be fine and have plenty of new friends this year. We're excited for them to be at their new school, H. Guy Child, which we have been very impressed with.

1 comment:

linnellbelle said...

AAGGGHHHH!!! How could I have forgotten the 1st day of school picture!!! I didn't think anything of it, until I saw your post. Darn. We'll have to take the 4th day of school pictures in the traditional pose on the front porch.... Cute pictures. Thanks for the reminder.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!