Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sleeping During Movies


Allen and I thought it would be fun to watch a movie last night after the kids went to bed. We made a trip to the Redbox and neither of us had seen the new Indiana Jones movie so we decided to give it a try. Now I have a real problem staying awake during movies at home. I can't seem to help it, but when the lights go off and the movie starts, I'm gone. I thought I would be able to stay during last night's show, considering the great action found in Indiana Jones. But last night was much the same as all the other nights, I just couldn't make it. I was asleep after the first twenty minutes of the show (sorry Ryan). I don't sleep continually through the whole movie. I wake up every so often to glance a bit of the show, but when I realize how lost I am, I figure I might as well just go back to sleep. As I spoke with Allen after the movie, I apologized for sleeping through yet another movie, and also asked him what happened to Indy at the end. Being a huge Indiana Jones fan, he was very disappointed with the ending. When he told me that the ending involved aliens and a spaceship, I felt no regret in sleeping through the ending. What kind of Indiana Jones movie ends with aliens and a spaceship? Maybe Steven Spielberg and George Lucas became confused with their other movies, but that just doesn't seem right. Anyways, sorry Allen, for sleeping through another movie. I'll try much harder next time!

4 comments:

sara said...

I'm so glad to hear that someone was as dissapointed with the aliens as I was! What is up with Indiana Jones dealing with aliens...I mean....come on!

joyce said...

Darin and I were very disappointed with the new Indiana JOnes movie as well. I was liking it until about 3/4 of the way through--and then... pppththth. BOOOOOO! It reminded of National Treasure meets ET. Weird...

Ryan said...

I thought for sure after reading the title you would talk about one of your children that would sleep through movies, but you through Indiana Jones? True, it was not up to the same standard as the others but it's still Indiana Jones! And it was still entertaining. Just use your imagination!
Sleeping through movies is another sign of old age. How old will you be next month???

Jennie said...

Aliens and a spaceship? I'm not seeing that one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!