Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Little Scholars


I felt it necessary to post some of my children's schoolwork. I am so proud of their hard work so far in school this year. Hannah may have finally realized that it's okay to do good in school, as well as have fun. She's previously been more concerned with the social aspect of school, rather than academics. But so far this year, she has aced all of her spelling tests and was even awarded
"Scholar of the Month" for her class. Now that's an award I didn't think I would ever see for her. Not that she wasn't capable, but she just hasn't been all that concerned with her schoolwork thus far in her career. Porter is also doing wonderful and has also been getting 100%'s on his spelling tests. He's always been a bit of a braniac, so this is really no surprise to Allen and I. Either way though, I am very proud of both of them. I know it's been hard for them to switch schools and start over, but they have both been tremendous and are doing great in their new school.

8 comments:

Ryan said...

Looks like their mother's genes are becoming more dominant, thank goodness. You're kids are amazingly smart! Let's just hope they don't get stuck on spelling words like gorilla, hook or neighbor. What was your "word" anyway?

Shannon said...

How could you forget salmon!

Hayley said...

WAY TO GO HANNAH!

Jennie said...

Just like their mama! Smart as a whip!

Kady said...

We were just talking about how everyone remembers THE WORD that got them eliminated from the spelling bee. Mine was ophthalmologist. WTH? I just had to look it up to type it here. What 4th grader is expected to know that word? Spelling is for suckers. Oh yeah, way to go Hannah and Porter - you guys will have no problem with such a smart mommy to help you through school. Way to go!

Melony said...

Wow! 105% give that girl some ice cream! That is so great! Thanks for the new link and yeah..I love to blog..my life is so crazy it gives me proof, so I don't just think I am crazy. LOL

Ward-a-Loo's said...

I like your new sight! Thanks for letting me know you changed it. I love "Spying" on you! Your kids are so cute.

Julie said...

I was laughing at your missed spelling words. Mine was calendar. But I do have to brag and tell you that I got 2nd place in my school spelling bee and 1st the next. Have you seen Akeelah and the Bee...great flick! Jennica can't wait to be old enough for the spelling bee...one more year! : )

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!