Monday, August 10, 2009

Porter turns 7!

Wow! I can't believe Porter is really 7. He's still supposed to be my baby and I don't know what happened. All I know is that kids grow up way too fast! We had a great day with Porter last Friday for his birthday. I love summer birthdays! You don't have to send them off to school and you get to spend the whole day with them. We had a pizza party Friday night with family to celebrate. We did the usual pinata, but this one was made of steel or something. It would not break, even with the big kids whacking at it. We finally got a little hole in it and just ripped it open. I guess Dilly Dally's makes a quality product.
Porter chose a sports theme for his birthday, but at the last minute, asked me for a Star Wars cake, so I did the best I could on short notice and this is the final result. I know you're all very impressed with my skills!
We let Porter choose what to do with his friends and after he was given all his options, he chose to go to the Hill Aerospace Museum. Ever since the air show in June, he has been enthralled with jets and airplanes. We had a lot of fun at the museum with his friends.
Porter's favorite plane was the blackbird. That thing is amazing! I've never seen anything like it!
He's very easy to please. He was so excited over this GI Joe character, and just as excited about every other present he opened. What a great day we were able to spend with our little buddy! I think Porter is an amazing kid and I'm so grateful to be his mom. I love you buddy!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday Porter!!! It sounds like a great day! Bummer Alec missed the party. We need to get together soon!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!