Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy 12th Anniversary to me!

Allen and I were able to celebrate our 12th anniversary in style with a quick weekend trip to New York. It was way too much fun and I'm having a really hard time being home. Oh well, I got to live it up while I could, and I'm grateful we were able to go. Allen was in New York all week for work, so I decided to join him on Friday and we spent a couple of days together. I have to say that New York is one crazy city. I can't believe how many people were there and how many people I was smashed on a subway with. It was insane, but so much fun!
We were able to get some sweet seats to see Wicked. Neither of us had seen it before and I thought it was fantastic! I loved every minute of it and didn't want it to end. I can't wait to read the book and get the soundtrack.
It was so nice to enjoy a nice meal without kids. I probably should have ordered something more fancy, but I'm a sucker for a good bacon cheeseburger.
Thanks to my parents for being willing to watch my kids so we could escape for a few days. And thanks to my wonderful husband! It has been an amazing 12 years together and I couldn't ask for anything more. I love you!

7 comments:

Hayley said...

No way you guys have been married for 12 years. You two look to young! You're not supposed to look that good after 12 years of marriage and kids. :)

Melony said...

Yeah..I had a hard time coming back after our little NY trip too! So glad you got to go! Happy Anniversary! I miss JB just for the lack of ability to go to NY on a whim though. Funny...as I write this Defying Gravity is playing in my shuffle!

The Ormsby's said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm jealous!! Don't read the book! It's totally different from the play, and has "other stuff" in it too.

Celeste said...

I agree with Jenn, get the soundtrack and SKIP the book! The play is the nice happy PG version. I especially love the last picture of you both overlooking the crowded city. Very cool.

sara said...

so much fun!!!!! Congrats on 12 years. That really is amazing. You guys make a great couple and you have such a great family!

Ward-a-Loo's said...

I agree the book is horrible!! I only read about 2 chapters and couldn't read anymore.

Melissa said...

Congrats on 12 years! You two are so cute! A word to the wise, skip the book (awful & nasty) and just enjoy the soundtrack. Happy Anniversary!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!