Saturday, April 18, 2009

SLC Half-Marathon

We did it! I really can't believe the big race is over. I finally put my mind to something, and accomplished my goal. The SLC half-marathon was a blast! I was fortunate enough to train and run with my cousins, Amy and Carly. We had so much fun together. I never would have made it through the race without them. We began training in January and even though we all live far apart, we kept in touch and helped each other through the training.
The kids and I after the race!


Here we are nearing the finish line at the Gateway. When we turned the final corner towards the finish line, it was the most amazing feeling. We could see our families cheering us on and it felt so great! We finished the race in 2hrs 40 min. We did have to wait for the bathrooms at mile 5 for 15 minutes, so if you take that off, we actually finished under 2:30, which was our goal. Thanks again, Amy and Carly! You guys are the greatest! And, thanks to my wonderful husband for his support and encouragement. He was amazing during the training and the race. I never could have done it without him. Next stop, MARATHON!

5 comments:

Melony said...

Congrats Shannon! That is awesome! I wish I could do it but my herniated back discs don't let me...cycling is the only way to go for me! You are amazing and an inspiration to me!

The Ormsby's said...

Look at you! YOU DID IT! And FAST! I thought about you on Saturday and wanted to call to see how it went, but figured you were maybe a bit tired?! Awesome.

Allen Archibald said...

Nice going Shan. We were happy to see you do well.

Celeste said...

Go Super Shannon!!! I am so impressed! You look great, too!

Lori said...

Holy cow Shan that is AWESOME!!! You rock girlfriend. Your really gonna do a marathon now huh?? Ummm, can you say....over achiever?

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!